VII National meeting - Warsaw
On 12-13 February 2019, the Terrorism Prevention Centre of Excellence organized a 7th two-day meeting with public administration.
Participants in the abovementioned meeting included guests from the Ministry of the Interior and Administration, Mazowiecki and Lodzki Voivodeship Office, Polish Border Guard, Prison Service and Office For Foreigners. Furthermore, the first day of the meeting was also attended by our partners from Croatian partner service SOA. The topic of the meeting aimed to discuss issues of rescue and medical security in the event of a terrorist threat in public administration facilities.
On the first day of the training the discussion concerned:
- Characteristics and direct effects of a terrorist attack (active shooter and incidents involving a knife attack);
- Importance of risk assessment and preparation activities in public administration;
- Rules of medical security and elements of medical treatment in combat conditions.
On the second day of the meeting, practical exercises were conducted about:
- Threats related to an armed perpetrator (modus operandi, types of used weapons, proposed ways of reacting);
- Ways to medicate cut and gunshot wounds in an environment where medical treatment is limited;
- Resuscitation rules in conditions where professional medical treatment is not possible.
Invited guests from:
- Croatian partner service SOA;
- Ministry of Interior and Administration;
- Lodzkie Voivodeship Office;
- MazowieckieVoivodeship Office;
- Office For Foreigners;
- Prison Service;
- Polish Border Guard.