II National meeting - Warsaw
On 22-23 October 2018, the TPCoE organized a second, two-day national consultation meeting in the form of workshops with representatives of public administration.
The meeting was devoted to raising CT awareness through the characteristics of potential terrorist threats on the territory of the Republic of Poland, discussing cultural differences in the Muslim world, and ways and methods of solving difficult and conflict situations in dealing with immigrants.
On the first day of the training the discussion concerned:
- characteristics of terrorism, identified and potential threats of terrorist nature, recommended ways of actions after a terrorist incident in a practical aspect;
- cultural and moral differences in the Muslim world;
- problems occurring between public administration entities involved in foreigners' affairs in the context of the discussed cultural and moral differences in the Muslim world
On the second day of the meeting, the following issues were presented:
- ways and methods of solving difficult and conflicting situations in dealing with immigrants;
- examples of incidents and occurances (previously reported by representatives of the state administration) that could constitute a terrorist threat, the panel ended with a discussion and presentation of psychological aspects.
- representatives of the Ministry of the Interior and Administration - Department of Analyses and Migration Policy, Department for Terrorism of Organized Crime and Organization of State Protection Service;
- representatives of the Lower Silesian Provincial Office in Wrocław - Department of Citizens' Affairs and Foreigners;
- representatives of the Świętokrzyski Provincial Office;
- representatives of the Office for Foreigners in Warsaw.