XII National meeting - Warsaw
On 18-19 September 2019, the Terrorism Prevention Centre of Excellence organized a 12th two-day meeting with public administration.
Participants in the abovementioned meeting included guests from the Polish Police AT Team, Police Central Bureau of Investigation, Fire Service Headquarters, Main School of Fire Service, Voivodeship Labour Office in Warsaw and Labour Office of Warsaw.
On the first day of the training the discussion concerned:
- rules of medical security and elements of medical treatment in combat conditions;
- treatment of incised and gunshot wounds with limited external assistance;
- threats related to an armed perpetrator (modus operandi, types of used weapons, proposed ways of reacting);
- characteristics and direct effects of a terrorist attack (active shooter and incidents involving a knife attack);
- importance of risk assessment and preparation activities in public administration during a bomb attack.
On the second day of the meeting, the following issues were presented:
- rules for dealing with a potentially dangerous packages;
- warning, alarming and evacuation, as well as strategic communication during and after terrorist attacks.