I National meeting – Warsaw
On 23 - 24 August 2018, the TPCoE organized a two-day national consultation meeting in the form of workshops with representatives of public administration.
The subject of the meeting was to recommend procedures of dealing with foreigners who apply for the legalization of stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland and the risks associated with this fact, including the challenges and needs resulting from prevention and terrorist deterence in the legal environment.
The first day of the meeting covered:
- the legal system in force in our country in the context of the residence of foreigners in the Republic of Poland, paying attention to practical aspects;
- a model of cooperation between public administration entities involved in migration policy, taking into account the current situation and new forms of cooperation;
- terrorist threats in the context of new areas of CT activities in public administration;
- the process of information exchange between public administration entities involved in foreigners' affairs;
- CT activities in the legal environment, including TPCoE tasks and the course of security intervention in public administration.
On the second day of the meeting, the following issues were presented:
- key challenges and threats related to the influx of foreigners to Poland, including high risk regions;
- recommendations and presentation of solutions and remarks in the context of the desired system of terrorist prevention.
- representatives of the Ministry of the Interior and Administration: Department of Analyses and Migration Policy, Department of Public Order;
- a representative of the Border Guard, the Board for Foreigners of the Main Command of the Border Guard;
- representative of the Łódź Voivodeship Office in Łódź, Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigners;
- representatives of the Office for Foreigners in Warsaw: Department of Social Assistance, Department of Refugee Proceedings, Department of Legalization and Stay;
- employees of the Lower Silesian Voivodeship Office in Wrocław, Department of Citizens' Affairs and Foreigners;
- representatives of Recception Centres in Podkowa Leśna, Biała Podlaska and Linin;
- an expert from Collegium Civitas.